Terms and conditions AND CONTEST RULES By signing up to become a 660NEWS INSIDER, members agree to abide by the terms and conditions and contest rules set out herein, which may be amended from time to time, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of 660NEWS Points and cancellation of the member’s 660NEWS INSIDERS membership.
To participate as a 660NEWS INSIDER visit http://www.660news.com and sign up as a 660NEWS INSIDER member. The 660NEWS INSIDERS is for personal use only, businesses, corporations, joint ventures, partnerships, groups or associations are not eligible. Limit one user account per person. Once signed up as a 660NEWS INSIDER member you can earn 660 NEWS Points by visiting the 660NEWS website, logging in as a 660NEWS INSIDER and doing any of the following:
1. Play the Bonus Codes, Instant Win Codes: Listen to 660NEWS for announcements throughout the day, Monday through Friday, at various times. Bonus Codes or instant wins will be announced on-air or posted on the website or on Facebook or Twitter with details on how to play. 2. Play other games. At various times during the day, Monday through Friday, other 660NEWS INSIDERS codes, words, or names may be announced or posted on the site. These must also be entered on line before a designated time that will be posted on the site or announced on-air. 3. Listen to 660NEWS and log on to http://www.660news.com for dates and locations of 660NEWS events where members can pick up 660NEWS Bonus Codes. 4. 660NEWS Points may also be earned in a variety of other ways, at the discretion of 660NEWS. Members can tune into 660NEWS for details on additional ways to accumulate 660NEWS Points, or log onto the 660NEWS INSIDERS at http://www.660news.com. 660NEWS reserves the right to alter the ways of earning 660NEWS Points at its discretion and any such alterations will be posted on the site. To become and remain a registered 660NEWS INSIDERS member, you must have Internet access and a valid email account. 660NEWS is not responsible for a member's inability to: connect to the internet, log into the 660NEWS INSIDERS website, gain access to their 660NEWS INSIDERS account or participate in any activity associated with the 660NEWS INSIDERS , service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. 660NEWS INSIDERS membership is free and no purchase is necessary. By becoming a member of the 660NEWS INSIDERS, each member consents to the use of his/her entry, name, city of residence and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by 660 NEWS and/or its advertising agencies, without further compensation and consent to their photograph being taken for such use, without further compensation.
2. Eligibility Participation in the 660NEWS INSIDERS is open to all residents of Calgary and Southern Alberta within the 660NEWS radio broadcast signal area who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Rogers Communications Inc., its affiliates companies; representatives and agents, the contest suppliers and those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to become 660NEWS INSIDERS members.
1. Participation is expressly limited to one account per person. 660NEWS Points have no cash value, are non-transferable, cannot be sold, exchanged or traded and may not be earned in advance. All duplicate accounts or suspected duplicate accounts are subject to cancellation without notification by 660NEWS. 2. Email addresses may not be shared between members; therefore, each account must have a unique, valid email address associated with it. 3. Accounts which have an excessive number of rejected emails may be automatically locked, preventing the member from accessing The 660 NEWSINSIDERS until they contact The 660NEWS INSIDERS Tech Support and provide an alternate email address. Repeated problems with email delivery to a member may result in permanent suspension of the member's account. Members are not authorized to access any other member’s account, including entering codes or redeeming 660NEWS INSIDERS Points for prizes or awards, even if the other member is a family member. Members need to enter codes and play the various 660NEWS INSIDERS games and surveys themselves to validly accumulate 660NEWS Points. 4. No machines, scripts or automated services may be used to access any part of The 660NEWS INSIDERS website, accumulate any 660NEWS Points, bid on prizes and awards, or in any other way participate as a 660NEWS INSIDERS member. Over usage of The 660NEWS INSIDERS system resources, as determined solely by 660NEWS, is not permitted, and are grounds for account suspension or termination at the sole discretion of 660NEWS. 5. 660NEWS is NOT responsible for members missing out on 660NEWS Points due to, but not limited to, the following: errors or omissions, forgotten username and/or password; problems, updates or maintenance which affects the 660NEWS INSIDERS at a particular time; internet, browser, server, or computer problems in general; lost codes or coupons; forgotten, incorrectly entered or misspelled codes, etc. 6. Any 660NEWS Points redemption suspected to be inauthentic, or which is made in such a fashion as to not deduct the appropriate 660NEWS Points amounts, may be disqualified (not accepted), at the sole discretion of 660NEWS, and the member account associated with such attempted redemption may be suspended or terminated. 7. The authorized account holder or member is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. 8. 660NEWS reserves the right to suspend or disqualify any member from receiving a cash or prize award where 660NEWS, in its sole discretion, determines that the member has violated any of these rules, made any misrepresentation in connection with their 660NEWS INSIDERS membership, or used any unintended/unannounced means to accumulate or redeem 660NEWS INSIDER Points. 9. Sharing of the Bonus Codes, Mike Flash Location or other 660NEWS INSIDERS Points earnings among members is expressly prohibited. Violations will result in the termination of all violating account(s) and/or forfeiture of all accumulated 660NEWS Points. 10. By becoming a 660NEWS INSIDERS member, members consent to the use of any member feedback provided on the website in any and all media without compensation.
3. Prize Awards Each item on the “660NEWS Marketplace” or “Raffles” pages will be assigned a 660NEWS Point value. Members may redeem accumulated 660NEWS INSIDERS Points for free prizes and awards.
1. All prizes and awards must be picked up at 660News Suite 240, 2723 37 Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta unless otherwise specified. Please allow a full business days for your prize to be processed before picking up your item. 660NEWS Office Hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm and closed on all holidays. 2. When picking up your prize or award, you must provide a legal, valid government issued photo ID. The address on your ID must match that of your 660NEWS INSIDERS membership. Prizes and awards must be picked-up within 30 business days of redemption unless otherwise specified. Prizes and awards not picked up within 30 business days from the date of redemption will be forfeited and the associated 660NEWS Points will not be refunded. Upon winning a prize, the winner is not permitted to win again for 30 days. This rule is exempt in the case of "Marketplace" prizes. 3. Mailing options are at the sole discretion of 660NEWS and will only be considered in extreme circumstances, or will be based on the prize or award size, weight, timeliness, and value. Member is always responsible to keep his/her 660NEWS INSIDER account up-to-date with current information. If 660NEWS deems that an individual has extreme circumstances and a prize or award is mailed out, 660NEWS is not responsible if it is lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged. The prize or award will not be replaced with future prizes nor will 660NEWS Points be refunded. 4. Members are responsible for any and all expenses associated with their travel to and from 660NEWS offices or other any location(s) associated with claiming a prize or award. 5. 660NEWS INSIDER Points will not be credited or refunded for any prize, reward, item or certificate which a Member claims but does not subsequently use. 6. Member agrees to provide only true and accurate information to The 660NEWS INSIDERS at all times. In conjunction with claiming any item associated with The 660NEWS INSIDERS or redeeming any 660NEWS Points, Member agrees to verify that all information in their 660NEWS INSIDERS account profile is up-to-date and accurate by providing a valid driver's license or government issued photo ID that substantially matches the information in their profile. 660NEWS INSIDERS Award items are not transferable. Awards may not be substituted for cash or any other items or merchandise. 7. All Award claims are subject to verification by 660NEWS management. All decisions made by 660NEWS management are final. 8. Prizes and awards will be awarded and distributed at the discretion of 660NEWS.
4. How to Redeem 660 NEWS Points / Entries to Receive Prizes A validated 660 NEWS INSIDERS Member redeems 660NEWS INSIDERS Points by clicking on the "Submit" button for “660NEWS Store” or for “Raffles” entries on The 660 NEWSINSIDERS website. In the event that another member is already in the process of redeeming that particular prize/item, the member who "first" clicked on "Submit" will receive the item/prize. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of determining the first person eligible will be the 660 NEWS server machine(s). In order to receive a prize or reward, members must contact 660NEWS in accordance with instructions provided, or provided online in connection with a specific offering, AND comply with the instructions provided by 660NEWS personnel for verification and deduction of 660NEWS Points balances. Failure to comply with the instructions may result in disqualification, at the sole discretion of 660NEWS. Any member that has a "winning" bid, and then fails to demonstrate they have the needed 660NEWS Points in their account following an audit, will not be entitled to receive the award or prize and, at the discretion of 660NEWS, will have their 660NEWS Points balance forfeited. Member 660NEWS Point totals are subject to adjustment, and member accounts are subject to suspension or cancellation, by 660NEWS for any activity which is in violation of these terms and conditions, the applicable contest rules, or which is not in compliance with the intent of the 660NEWS INSIDERS. 660NEWS shall be the sole determiner in cases of suspected abuse or violation of 660NEWS INSIDERS terms and conditions and the applicable contest rules, and any decision it makes relating to adjustment of 660NEWS Points or termination of membership shall be final and binding. Members will be notified of any such adjustments through a posting in the history log (viewable in the Transactions section of My Account in the 660NEWS INSIDERS) or through an email sent to the email address in the member's account profile. Should the member disagree with any 660NEWS Points adjustment or account suspension, the decision of 660NEWS is final and the remedy may involve Member withdrawal from the 660NEWS INSIDERS. 660NEWS is under no obligation to provide members with any particular number of 660NEWS Points earning opportunities or rewards.
CONTEST RULES: David Spence’s "660 NEWS Weather Guarantee"
Every weekday morning (excluding holidays) at 6:21am (MST), 660News meteorologist David Spence will announce the guaranteed high temperature for that day. If the daily high, as registered at Calgary International Airport is off by more than three degrees Celsius, 660News will be deemed not to have made its guarantee and an entrant's name will be drawn. Each weekday at 7:21am (MST), 660 News will announce whether it made its guarantee the previous day. If the actual temperature reached the previous day (Friday's will be announced on Monday or the next business day after a holiday) was off by more than three degrees Celsius, 660 News will select, at random, an entrant from the on-line entries, and that entrant will be eligible to win six hundred and sixty dollars ($660). Each day that the Weather Guarantee is correct, an additional $25 will be added to the grand total.
How to Enter In order to be eligible, you must enter. To enter the "660NEWS Weather Guarantee" contest, you must be a member of the 660NEWS Insiders at www.660news.com. Under "raffles", you may "purchase" an entry with your points. The odds of being selected are directly affected by the number of registrants. All entries which are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by 660NEWS. 660NEWS takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. After each time the grand prize is won, Insiders will need to enter the new draw, and past entries will become void.
Eligibility This promotion is open to all residents of Alberta who are 18-years of age or older with the exception of the following groups: All employees of Rogers Communications Inc. along with their immediate families, relatives and anyone sharing living space with people in this group. Prior to being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign a waiver agreeing to all rules and regulations related to their prize and correctly answer the skill-testing question contained in the waiver.
Notification Selected entrants will be notified by 660NEWS staff by telephone. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within 5 business days, another entrant will be drawn. If the selected entrant does not correctly answer the skill-testing question or does not accept the prize as awarded, another entrant will be drawn. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. To receive a copy of the contest rules or a list of the winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to Suite 240, 2723 – 37th Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 5R8. Attn.: "660 NEWS Weather Guarantee Contest"
Acceptance of Rules and Regulations By entering the "660NEWS Weather Guarantee" promotion, each entrant agrees to, and is deemed to have accepted all of the terms, conditions, rules and regulations contained herewith. Winning entrants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, photograph and audio recording for publicity purposes in all media by 660NEWS. All entries remain the property of Rogers Broadcasting Limited. Judges' rulings are final.
Promotion Dates The "660News Weather Guarantee" promotion will continue indefinitely. The station will announce the close of the promotion two weeks prior to its conclusion. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Rogers. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.